Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership’s vision is simple: To create one of the fastest growing economies in the UK, in an energised and healthy environment.
Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership provides a strategic lead in all activities contributing to the growth and vibrancy of the county’s economy and takes positive action, using the skills, capability and networks of its partners.
We have 4 priorities:
- Advanced manufacturing growth
- Nuclear and energy excellence
- Vibrant rural and visitor economy
- Strategic connectivity of the M6 corridor
These priorities are underpinned by interventions in four economic drivers:
- Business support
- Skills development
- Infrastructure improvements
- Environmental sustainability
Cumbria Deal Statement, 4 September 2015
“Today the leaders of the Cumbrian public sector, supported by the private sector led Local Enterprise Partnership and colleagues from partner organisations, have submitted an expression of interest to Government. It outlines those areas where it may be possible to negotiate a deal with Government to increase economic growth and improve the way public services are delivered in Cumbria.
Over the next few weeks and months negotiations with Government will take place to see if we can reach agreement. Nothing is certain, but these high-level propositions, if agreed as a package, have the potential to deliver real benefit to visitors and to the people, communities, and businesses of Cumbria.”
For more information on the Cumbria Deal, go to our News section.
- Cumbria takes leading role in provision of apprenticeships
- Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership appoints new director
BBC Business News
- Black Friday spending moves online
- China's stock market falls 5%
- Minister to make fracking decision
- UK house price growth 'slows'
- Growth of 0.5% confirmed for UK